Versatile and cost effective
All Powercrete® formulations are developed to be field friendly and cost effective. The ease of application can be achieved either by hand (roller, brushes or trowels) or with spray equipment which delivers high-build in a single multi-pass layer, thereby reducing application time. This engineered application flexibility allows the contractor to stock and manage a single product for any application requirement.
As with all coatings, the performance of Powercrete® is governed by the care and attention to detail that is exhibited by the applicator. In general, all prevailing standards call for a metal surface to be clean, free of grease, salts and other contaminations. Additionally, an angular surface profile has to be achieved to increase adhesion strength to the substrate.
The versatility of Powercrete® allows it to be used as an abrasion resistant overlay to FBE and abrasive blasted direct to metal (DTM) coating. The final coating thickness for either use should be specified by the end user. Below ground soil conditions, the wall thickness of the pipe and the application must be considered in determining the final thickness.
Why use Powercrete® coatings?
Powercrete® is a solvent free epoxy coating used for rehabilitation, directional drilling, girth weld protection, bends, fittings and odd shapes, offshore applications, patch and repair and potable water applications. Powercrete® epoxies are designed to meet the requirements of the most demanding pipeline applications.
With 20+ years of experience in the pipeline industry, Powercrete® has been recognized as the category performance leader in industry-sponsored independent testing.
Powercrete® epoxies are designed to meet the requirements of the most demanding liquid coating applications. With years of experience in the pipeline industry, Powercrete® has established its reputation based on the following key material and performance characteristics:
- 100% solids content with no volatile organic compounds and no isocyanates
- Excellent adhesion to bare steel and fusion bonded epoxy mainline coatings
- Excellent cathodic disbondment resistance at ambient and maximum operating temperatures
- Superior resistance to water immersion including sea water and ground water over a broad pH range
- Operating temperatures up to 300°F (150°C)
- Industry leading mechanical properties for impact and abrasion resistance
- Record setting directional drills on continuous 24” pipe pulls of 7,500’
- Fast cure epoxy for quick backfill
- Ease of application for brush, roller, hand, or spray
What is Powercrete®?
Powercrete epoxies offer a variety of formulas for specific applications:
Directional Drill Coatings
- Abrasion Resistant Overlay (ARO) applied over FBE
- Extremely high adhesion to the FBE mainline coatings
- Excellent impact resistance
- Flexible application in the field or in the plant
- Excellent abrasion and impact resistance as corrosion coating on girth welds
Corrosion Prevention of new pipelines
- Meets DIN EN 10289
- Corrosion protection to bare steel
- Corrosion protection for girth welds
- Patch and repair coating
- Bell hole rehab, long or short pipe sections
- Cost effective recoating solution
- Allows for rapid recoat process
Water, Wastewater & Tank Coatings
- Meets the requirements of BS:6920 standard
- Exceeds AWWA C 210 requirements
- Chemical resistant and non-leachable
Field joint coating
- Meets ISO 21809-3
- Easy to apply
- Quickest cures at lowest temperatures
- Can be manually applied by special tools
- Available in cartridge
Glass Reinforced Solutions for field and plant applications
- Easy to install
- Can be combined with visco-elastic coatings for anti-corrosion avoiding need for blasting, high surface profiles
- Flexible yet tough
- Excellent resistance against corrosion under insulation
- Prefab Insulated anti-corrosion pipecoating
- Flowcoat for gasline
- API approved